Monday, February 9, 2009

Out with the old...In with the new!




The time has come to retire our old van. This was a sad moment for all of us. We had this van longer than we've had Jonah! With a whopping 215,000 miles it was done. There were some tears shed but we are over it. What fun the new ride is. It has more features than we could have ever wanted. I still get out of the drivers side and wait for the kids to come out my door. I have a hard time remembering that the new van has a drivers side door for entrance. For the first few weeks I couldn't believe I was driving something so nice. I no longer have to give it gas at idle to keep it running. This has been better than Christmas morning for our kids. I believe we may be actually cool to them for a while, short lived I am sure...but fun for now.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I feel like you've lost a member of your family, saying good-bye to your old van. Love the new wheels, though!

ColleenandKendra said...

Hey, I just retired my Windstar too! Not as many miles as yours, but starting to hiccup and do things that surely would cost money. Plus I was worried about driving to MI in it this summer. I didn't cry over mine though...