Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Let the running begin!


I had high hopes for a good finish time for this Country Music Festival Marathon... the hope was diminished at mile 17. Shelli and I did good at first. We were keeping our pace time well. It was hot but doable. Then We hit mile 16-17. We were running in an area with no shade and the mid morning sun had come up, and no water station for 2 miles. I started to struggle. I kept going with my sweet friends encouragement. Then at mile 19 I was really struggling. The heat was melting me. They said on the course that it was over 90 degrees. It seriously felt like it. At mile 21 I tossed my cookies as they say and I really struggled to stay vertical. I didn't think I could finish... I was soooo hot. I ended up walking the majority of the last 4 miles...what a disappointment. I was so mad at my self, but I was really struggling not to pass out. I finished with a time that isn't even worth mentioning. But on a positive note, the weekend was super fun. We had a free concert with Billy Currington and that was great, the food was great and we had fun with our great friends. I guess I just couldn't take the heat.

3 comments:

Suzette said...

You have much to be proud of! Running in the heat is scary, I think it's amazing you pulled through. By the way, those legs of yours are looking very sexy!

rob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacki said...

I can't believe you finished in that heat. I think we should make a speed to heat ratio for marathons so you can express how well you did in a way other than your time. Congratulations!